One of my go-to recipes during winter Supersized Sundays is roasted veggies. Turning the oven on warms up the house and the aroma of the spices fills the air.
I LOVE LOVE roasted veggies as a side for any meal and a quick snack that I can leave on the counter and munch on throughout the day.
The basics are easy:
1. Gather your veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, squash. parsnip…to name a few). Cauliflower is one of my favorites as roasting brings out a sweetness in it!
2. Slice them to relatively even pieces.
3. Drizzle with Grapeseed oil or coconut oil (a healthy oil that cooks well at high heat)
4. Sprinkle spice over top. I often use rosemary (fresh or dried) and dried thyme. I also use a premixed seasoning that has various spices already mixed in. You can play around with the amount and flavor.
5. Mix with hands so all veggies are covered with oil and seasoning.
6. Cook at 425F for about 45min or until a fork can easily go through veggies.
Until next time…
Look good, feel good, do good